- In this quick movie, I want to show you two different techniques that you can use in order to change the cover photo for your collections. The cover photo is the first image that you see here. You want it to be one which is representative of the other images inside of that collection. So if we go down to that one which we saw, or we worked with in the previous movie, iPhone, we can see that what it did is it just defaulted to select this image, the last little image right here, and this is the image that we're seeing, which isn't even a keeper, that good of a photograph. So rather than that one, I'm going to go ahead and swipe in order to find another one.
This is a great one of my daughter, Elsie, carrying some toast. She's bringing it out to the chickens there in the backyard. If I want to change this image to the cover photo, what you do is you just press and hold. This opens up a dialogue, and you want to tap on Set as Cover, and that will then be the cover image for the collection set. Let me show you what I mean. Back here, I know it's small, but if you look closely, you'll see that it's Elsie there carrying toast which is the cover photograph. Now another way to change that is to go into the collection, and here's some photographs of my daughter and one of her best buds, and if we want to select the image from this view, again it's just a press and hold, and then choose that, and then of course what we can do is we can go back, oops, tapped wrong there.
I'll just go back and you can see that now it's their two smiling faces which are the cover photograph for that collection. What you want to do is make sure that you choose a cover photograph which is kind of iconic and represents the other images inside of those collections, and now you have two different ways that you can do that. It's all about pressing and holding, and then choosing the option to Set as Cover Photo.
- Importing photos in the Lightroom mobile app
- Synchronizing collections in Lightroom Classic CC for desktop
- Rating and organizing photos with flags and stars
- Making photo adjustments
- Cropping photos
- Applying presets
- Fine-tuning color
- Applying a vignette
- Sharing photos from Lightroom for mobile
- Retouching with Adobe Fix
- Combining photos with Adobe Mix
- Editing photos offline
- Working with gestures