Lightroom 3 New Features
In Photoshop Lightroom 3 New Features, photographer and author Chris Orwig explores the enhancements that Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3 brings to each phase of the photographic workflow—from importing and editing, to exporting and publishing. This course details Lightroom 3's new importing and asset-management features and its significant improvements in the Develop module, including enhanced sharpening and noise reduction. Chris also shows how Lightroom 3 broadens output options, and shares workflow tips and advice for upgrading Lightroom 2 catalogs and working with images processed in earlier Lightroom versions. Exercise files are included with the course.
- Importing and managing photos and video clips
- Improving efficiency with enhanced collections
- Applying sharpening and noise reduction
- Mastering the enhanced adjustment brush, graduated filter, and vignette features
- Improving images with the Point Tone Curve
- Adding audio to slideshows
- Creating custom print packages
- Importing on-the-fly with tethered shooting
- Publishing photos to Flickr
- Publishing to a smart folder and smart photoset
- Upgrading Lightroom 2 catalogs and working with legacy images
- Making and working with creative watermarks
- Hey, welcome. My name is Chris Orwig. I'm a pro photographer, and I'm a teacher. I'm on the faculty at the Brooks Institute in Santa Barbara, California, where we are right now, and it is a really beautiful, rainy and foggy morning. Here, what we're going to do is explore how we can use one of the best tools for post production, Lightroom 3. In particular, we're going to focus in on the new features that are most important to us that will help you create even more compelling and engaging photographs. We'll start off by looking at the import dialogue, and with the import dialogue, we'll look at how this has been completely redesigned, and this new redesign will help us more efficiently, and even more creatively bring in our photographs into Lightroom.
We'll also explore how we can publish and export right from Lightroom directly to photo sharing sites like Flickr. Another thing we'll explore is how we can work with cropping our photographs and quickly flip the orientation of the crop. We'll examine how we can use the point curve in order to have more precise or exact control over different areas of our photograph. We'll explore how to optimize or back up our catalogs, and then we'll take a look at how we can add watermarks to our photographs in order to protect them. Well, as you can see, there are a number of really exciting, new features inside of Lightroom 3, and it is a distinct honor and privilege to partner with you in this training adventure.
Thanks for joining me on this one. Let's begin.
Lightroom 4 New Features Overview2,515 Views
Lightroom 2 New Features79,253 Views
Lightroom 1.3 for Digital Photographers125,965 Views
Lightroom 2 Essential Training1,290,957 Views
Photoshop CS2 Mastering Camera Raw221,198 Views
The Practicing Photographer1,780,276 Views
Windows 10 Essential Training863,444 Views
Lightroom CC Essential Training (2015)1,128,423 Views
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2015)2,393,600 Views
Premiere Pro CC Essential Training (2014)1,820,903 Views