Lightroom 3 Essential Training
In Photoshop Lightroom 3 Essential Training, author Chris Orwig provides a comprehensive look at Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3, the popular photo-asset management, enhancement, and publishing program. The course covers indispensable techniques such as importing, processing, and organizing images in the Library, correcting and adjusting images in the Develop module, and creating slideshows, web galleries, and print picture packages. In addition to exploring all of Lightroom 3's capabilities, this course is rich with creative tips and expert advice on photographic workflow. Exercise files accompany the course.
- Understanding the difference between Lightroom and Photoshop
- Using interface shortcuts to navigate the workspace quickly
- Working with catalogs
- Making incremental adjustments
- Grouping images with collections and smart collections
- Creating virtual copies of adjusted images
- Correcting white balances
- Adjusting color with Vibrance and Saturation
- Cropping images and changing aspect ratios
- Using the Adjustment Brush
- Toning with the HSL controls
- Outputting images to slideshows and web galleries
- Printing photos
- Hey, welcome. My name is Chris Orwig. I'm a photographer and I'm a teacher. I'm on the faculty at the Brooks Institute in Santa Barbara, California, where we are right now, and it is a stunning evening. The sun's about to set. The shadows are getting long and the light is just exquisite. And you know I love getting out in the great outdoors with camera in hand. There's something about taking pictures in moments like this that reminds me that photography somehow gives me more. I get more out of life by taking pictures.
And if you're like me, you're probably passionate about photography. And my passion for photography extends to my post-production work as well. And that's why I'm really excited about this course, Lightroom 3 Essentials, because here you're gonna learn everything you need to know in order to get started with Lightroom. And Lightroom is a really powerful tool. It's simple. It's elegant. It'll help you to be more creative and more effective. So what exactly will we cover here? We'll start off by providing you with a bit of an overview of Lightroom.
From there we'll get into the interface. We'll focus in on some of our shortcuts. We'll also take a look at the Grid View and Loupe View in the library module. We'll take a look at how we can rate and sort our photographs. We'll also look at how we can add metadata or how we can export our photos to popular photo sharing sites like flickr. And in addition, because getting good at Lightroom is about getting good at photography, I thought it'd be fun to include a few photographic creative-tip movies. And I'll intersperse those throughout the entirety of this course just to provide you with a bit of insight and inspiration along in the way.
Now in closing it really is a distinct honor and privilege to partner with you in a training adventure like this. Thanks for joining me on this one. Let the adventure begin.
Final Cut Express 4 Essential Training662,566 Views
Fireworks CS4 Getting Started103,865 Views
Encore CS5 New Features22,167 Views
Soundbooth CS4 Essential Training187,489 Views
iBooks Author for Teachers: Creating a Lab Manual16,520 Views
The Practicing Photographer1,787,756 Views
Lightroom CC Essential Training (2015)1,140,234 Views
Foundations of Photography: Exposure5,775,021 Views
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2013)3,294,268 Views