The Lightning Conductor add-in is an easy way to access SharePoint lists and libraries across sites so you can find information faster.
- [Narrator] Lightning Tools Conductor add-in is a third-party app available for purchase that sits on top of your existing SharePoint Online environment. Once purchased, site owners can install the app to the contents of their site collection and use it just like you would any other list or library. What this app does is allow you to roll up SharePoint lists and libraries into dynamic views. Why do you want to do that? For one, you can roll up similar data across sub-sites. Think about it like a dashboard if you wanted to see all the policies and procedures across your organization.
If you were a project manager, maybe you want to see all the open or overdue tasks across all the project sites. Or on a personal note, maybe you just want a view of all the documents that you've edited across all of the sites within a project hierarchy. Another advantage of the Conductor add-in, my favorite, is that you can apply conditional formatting without knowing any code. This is what's called a no-code solution and it provides more functionality and is much more user-friendly than the Content Query and Search Index apps that come out of the box with SharePoint. Finally, even though you have to be a site owner to add the app to your site, once it's on the page any site member with edit permissions is able to configure roll-up views.
The Lightning Tools Conductor add-in for SharePoint Online is an easy way to access SharePoint lists and libraries across sub-sites so you can find information faster. You will need to add the app on all sites where you want to configure and use these views.
- Configuring your first rollup view
- Applying filters to views
- Analyzing data with conditional formatting
- Using web part views
- Creating calculated columns
- Configuring search rollups with managed and crawled properties