Master the controls and creative options of your Nikon speedlight—one of the most liberating photography tools you can buy. Learn on-camera and off-camera flash techniques for your Nikon flash.
- View Offline
- If you're like me, you've learned that the most important thing about photography is light, and you'll do anything to get the best possible light on your subjects. That's why I bought a Nikon Speedlight, because I wanted to make great light in any situation. But when I tried this little flash, I felt like I needed a master's degree just to turn the thing on, but it's actually not that hard to use, and I'm going to show you how simple it really is. My name is Levi Sim, and in this course, I will show you how to use your Speedlight. I'm not talking about how to make a portrait, I'm talking about how to turn it on, how to set it up to work with your camera, how to use it off your camera, and how to use all those little accessories that came with it.
I'm going to show you how to be ready to make great light in any situation. If you haven't bought a Nikon Speedlight yet, this course may just help you make some decisions about which models to buy and what features you'll use most. I'm glad you're here with me. Let's get started learning how to use your Nikon Speedlight.
You'll also find out how to set up your Nikon camera itself to make the most of the speedlight—one of the most liberating photography tools you can buy. Levi Sim helps you master the controls, including the camera and flash modes, flash modifiers, and accessories, and creative options offered by a speedlight: soft light, hard light, and bounced light. By the end of this course, you'll be able to make great light in any situation with your speedlight. If you don't have one yet, you'll understand just what model is best for your needs and what features you'll use the most.
- Why use a speedlight?
- Powering a speedlight
- Choosing the right camera mode
- Choosing the right flash modes
- Using flash modifiers
- Creating soft and hard light
- Accessing Commander mode
- Positioning the flash off camera
- Using an ITTL extension cord
- Extending battery life
- Controlling ambient light
- Using speedlights with third-party radio triggers