The Title Wizard inside of Lectora Online allows you to simplify the process of creating a new title. Learn how the Title Wizard will walk you through the necessary steps to begin creating a title, including choosing a template and allotting the correct number of chapters and pages.
- [Instructor] In the previous video we took a look at how to begin creating a title from scratch. In this video we'll take a look at how to begin creating a title using the Title Wizard. So from inside of Lectora Online, I'm first going to choose to create a new title. I'll select New Responsive Title. And from here it opens up that content creator. In fact, we'll even get the same popup box that we got before. From here, this time however, I want to go up to the top and click on the Title Wizard tab. This will begin walking us through the steps of building out the structure for our title.
First, they offer us several templates. And when you click on them, you'll get a description down below. For instance, here you can "create a title "with commonly used course components "and structures suitable for publishing to an LMS." I'm going to go with one down here titled Reflection. It says, "Creates a chapter or page based title "with four optional color themes "and build for chapter name buttons." I'm going to go ahead and use that one and click OK. And what they do is first have us name the title.
So I'm going to go in here and title this one New Manager Training and then decide where we'd like to save it. And I'm going to go ahead and click on Shared Titles again, and then I'll click Next. You can select the color theme that you'd like to use. In this case, I'm going to use the olive. I'll click Next. And then they'll allow you to build out the structure, so here is where it can be beneficial to have your course planned out already, knowing approximately how many chapters you'd like and how many pages you'd like.
So here it says would you like to organize your title into pages or chapters and pages? Now, in my case, I know that I have three chapters and I actually know how many pages I need inside of them. So here I'm going to click on Chapters and Pages. And for numbers of chapters, I have three of them. It says here you can include help, include tests at the end of the title. I'm just going to go ahead right now and click on Next, and it will include my three chapters. It's saying in chapter one how many pages do I have? And I know in here that I do have three.
I'll click Next. For chapter two I know that I have five pages. I'll click Next. And then in chapter three I have four pages. And when I'm done with that, I'll click Finish. Now, the benefit of using the Title Wizard is that it begins to create the structure for you. And as you can see, off the to the left hand side, there's a ton of stuff here in the Title Explorer, and that's because it's already created out my chapter one, my chapter two, my chapter three. And if I go over here and click on, say, for instance, chapter one, you'll notice here that I have page one, page two, page three which were already created inside of here.
Now, if we wanted to add more later, we can obviously do that. However, the basic structure is already built because we used the Title Wizard.
- Using the Title Wizard to efficiently create new titles
- Importing and managing titles
- Adding text, images, audio, and video
- Creating new responsive titles
- Adding actions and buttons
- Adding a test chapter
- Managing users
- Collaborating with team members