Learn how to work best on a team. Explore the key characteristics of exemplary team members and find out how you can adopt these behaviors to become a more valuable collaborator.
- High-functioning teams accomplish more than any individual ever could working alone. We rely on teams to solve complex problems, whether it's in business, sports, medicine, or even your personal life. We see people working in teams all around us. Being a strong teammate is essential for advancing your career, but what are the attributes of an effective team player? What makes a person stand out as someone who the team trusts and relies on.
How do you build that reputation? When it comes to being an effective teammate, the skills you need can be learned and practiced. I'm Dr. Daisy Lovelace, as a business school professor and corporate consultant, I spend a lot of time coaching, advising, and participating on teams. It's easy to spot who the key team members are. They have a specific set of characteristics that make them invaluable. This course will summarize the behaviors you can start practicing now to make yourself the team's most valuable player, let's begin.
- List benefits of putting your team’s needs before your own.
- Name the qualities of a teammate who is considered to be reliable.
- Explain what it means to be proactive.
- Recognize the importance of adjusting to the collaborative decision of the team.
- Recall the attributes displayed by a strategically focused team member.