This video covers how you can fine tune your emotional responses to build stronger relationships and achieve results you want to see at work.
- Emotions are complex.…For the most part, when we talk about emotions…we're referring to a feeding or a reaction…influenced by our circumstances, our mood,…or relationships with others.…Think of emotions as feelings you experience.…Emotions can reflect pleasure or displeasure,…and can be extreme or mild.…If you've ever felt intense anger, happiness, or joy,…that's a psychological state caused by your emotions.…
There's so much room for variation between each of us.…You may react to the exact same situation…in a completely different way to me.…There's also the potential for variation within us.…Have you ever reacted to an event in a really extreme way,…when you know on another day…it may've just been a mild irritation for you?…Understanding and managing your emotions is critical…if you want to enhance your performance…and interact successfully with others.…
This is because much of how we perceive…and interact with the world around us…can be derived from our emotions.…And if we're not consciously managing this process,…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- What is emotional intelligence?
- Watching for triggers and hijacks
- Finding flow
- Disrupting thinking
- Reclaiming reaction time
- Shifting perspective
- Listening and communicating
- Playing to strengths
- Collecting feedback
- Aligning intention and impact