This video explores the importance of developing your resilience skills as you start out on your career, and how you can hone your resilience to deal with challenges and enhance your performance.
- Imagine you've been asked to complete a task that's a…huge challenge for you.…It's going to stretch your ability.…No doubt you'll make a few mistakes along the way,…and the stakes are high, you want to do a good job.…Now, imagine you have to choice between the state of mind…that helps you deal with challenges you face successfully…using mistakes you make as a reason to enhance…your performance and thrive.…Or, you could rely on a mindset which makes every mistake…feel like a disaster, and every challenge feel like…a mountain that's just too high.…
Which would you choose?…There's one skill you need in abundance when starting out…in your career, and that's resilience.…During challenging times, developing your…psychological resilience will buffer against stress…and anxiety, and it will help you to boost your performance.…There really is a simple explanation as to why resilience…is such a strong predictor of career success.…
Resilience is the ability to deal with challenges…effectively, using those challenges as a…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Transitioning from the campus to the office
- Differences in the working world
- Developing a transition success mindset
- Adapting to a new environment
- Avoiding cultural mistakes
- The first 90 days
- Building a strategy