Join Gemma in this video to understand what being a professional means, and what you can do to enhance your professional image from the get-go.
- How would you describe professionalism?…And what does being a professional mean to you?…Is it about how you act or behave?…Is it about how you communicate?…Think about people you know…who you would class as a professional.…What do they have that others don't?…A lot of being a professional is about how you show up,…how you behave, and how you come across to others.…We are all constantly making subconscious judgments…about those around us,…so even small signals can give someone an impression of you.…
Although managing your professional image is important…when making an impression,…it's essential to always be authentic.…Always be yourself.…The trick is to show parts of your personality…at the appropriate time.…So for example, you may not want to behave as you would…on the weekend with your friends in your new role,…or you may, depending on your job.…The key is to be mindful of how you behave…and how you come across,…still being yourself…but also behaving appropriately…within the organizational context.…
We all have multifaceted personalities,…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Transitioning from the campus to the office
- Differences in the working world
- Developing a transition success mindset
- Adapting to a new environment
- Avoiding cultural mistakes
- The first 90 days
- Building a strategy