It's time to pull it all together. Learn how you can increase your impact and influence as a change leader by applying the MOVE model and create velcro change—making it stick!
- In any change, your role as a manager is…to influence and inspire your team to change.…The ability to influence and inspire…your team begins with you.…So remember, it's your job to move your team through change.…M stands for managing yourself and your emotions…as you go through the change process.…The change starts with you.…You need time to process the change.…
Your emotions are contagious.…So be careful what you're passing on.…O is for open communication.…Be open and share information about…the change generously with the team.…Remember to separate how you feel about the change…and the information about the change.…Process your resistance with a peer or leader.…But be supportive of the change with your team.…V stands for the all important vision.…Why really does matter.…
Get clear on the purpose or vision for the change.…Then make sure it's consistently communicated.…Nothing encourages change like a clear vision.…E is for engage the team.…There are specific actions you can take as a manager…to engage your team…
- Define and describe the change curve.
- Describe how leaders can either facilitate or block successful change.
- Summarize ways to promote resilience during change.
- Explain how to use the power of positive and negative emotions to generate the emotion that creates change.
- Cite the different approaches to using language to manage change.
- Name the best way for a manager to help the team process change.
- Define a change vision.