Anger can be a tricky emotion. Reframe how you think about anger—anger is energy, energy that wants to go somewhere. In this video, Marlene Chism explores the good, bad, and ugly sides of anger.
- Anger is a tricky emotion, when…anger catches you off guard, you can become…overwhelmed with the desire to lash out,…or to do something destructive to yourself or to others.…However, anger can be a positive force for good.…For example, toward a humanitarian cause…or to facilitate personal transformation.…I want you to think of anger as energy…and that energy wants to go somewhere.…If you are already using anger for good,…then you're ahead of the game.…
You've channeled the energy for your benefit.…If anger catches you off guard and you act out,…you've entered the bad zone.…If your behavior goes from bad to ugly,…you're in the danger zone.…You have lost awareness, you're…reacting instead of responding.…Let's explore how behaviors triggered by anger…can affect your life for the good, the bad and the ugly.…Let's look at the good.…Many years ago, I attended a personal development workshop…seeking to make a huge life transformation…and several minutes into the workshop,…the leader started pushing my buttons,…trying to get me to take some action.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Acknowledging an anger problem
- Using calming techniques
- Avoiding other people's issues
- Understanding your triggers and old behaviors
- Mastering your narrative and taking control
- Setting appropriate boundaries
- Making anger work for you