Through countless research studies and conversations with leaders across a variety of businesses, I’ve narrowed employee engagement down to four factors—happiness, belonging, purpose, and trust.
- Over the past 10 years, it's become clear that we suffer…from a major lack of engagement in today's global workforce.…Almost 2/3 of employees are disengaged at work,…which shows in their lack of excitement for their job.…Employees who aren't engaged in their work…won't last very long on your team.…When they are engaged, they'll work harder for you,…and their happiness will create a positive aura…that will lift the spirits of the entire team.…So what can you do to help engage your employees at work?…Let's look at four factors…that are key to employee engagement.…
Happiness is the first employee engagement factor.…Regardless of your industry or company size,…it's impossible to ignore the power of a happy employee.…Happy employees are more likely…to help refer new candidates to you,…spread positive brand awareness, work harder,…and remain with you even through the hardest times.…Belonging is the second employee engagement factor,…and it fulfills our social need to be accepted by others.…In this case, by our team members.…
- Describe how to define your own fulfillment.
- List the benefits of contemplating and creating goals.
- Explain how to lead with empathy.
- List the steps to help your teammates become more fulfilled.
- Name barriers to diversity.
- Recall the things you should consider when hiring for personality.