Not interested in or can't afford retirement? Learn how to move beyond your midlife career and into a new phase of work that provides purpose and a paycheck.
- So I was recently reminded of this quote by E.B White that really captures the essence of what the Encore movement is all about. This is what he said: I wake up every day determined to either change the world or have one hell of a good time. I'm here to tell you you can actually do both. And that's really what this conversation is going to be all about. I'm Marci Alboher and I'm an author and a non-profit leader.
So when I talk about the Encore career or the Encore movement, what I'm talking about is later life work that combines social impact with personal meaning, and if you need it, income, too. So I hope by the end of this series of conversations, you're going to have ideas, inspiration, maybe a few stories that will help you get started on your own Encore career.
- Identify the personally meaning behind the encore movement.
- Discover the essentials involved in exploring the possibilities of an encore career.
- Examine the benefits of volunteerism in a post professional career.
- Break down the positives to sharing your individual story on the business-oriented social media platform Linkedin.
- Identify the important fundamentals in networking and interviewing for an encore career in today’s business market.