An adaptive mindset is the only effective approach to dealing with constant uncertainty in the world of work. Learn why this is critical when applying it to a range of issues you encounter at work.
- Change is all around you, in the news,…in the technology you use, in the way entire industries…are becoming disrupted.…But as workers, we don't always adapt to those changes…as quickly as we could.…Now that may have been acceptable in earlier times,…when change was slower.…But today, adapting to change is a critical skill set…that all workers need to learn right now, today.…In fact, as a manager, you're probably working…in an organization that's subject to dramatic change,…whether it's because your field is being disrupted,…or because your organization is going through…a major transition, such as a merger, acquisition,…upsizing or downsizing.…
Even if you think you're in an industry…that isn't changing dramatically, there's no guarantee…that there won't be a sudden change soon.…In the early 1990s, few people predicted that industries…like media and entertainment would become…so rapidly disrupted.…So don't think that you're immune.…As industries, technologies, and the very nature…of work changes, it's inevitable that the rules…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Characteristics of adaptive workers
- How to be an adaptive manager
- Honing self-management skills
- Developing proactive workers
- Importance of goals in adaptive work
- Developing and supporting remote workers
- Empowering adaptive workers to solve problems
- Collaboration and adaptive teams