In this video, learn how "unbundled" work translates into new opportunities for collaboration by your team, using design thinking.
- In the brave new world of unbundled work,…you're going to need to think differently…about the way that work is designed,…and it starts with how you hire someone into your team.…Remember that your team is a pool of problem-solvers.…Defining the needs for a new or replaced role on the team…is itself a problem they need to help solve.…Why would you define the work that needs to be done…without their involvement?…In fact, every time you need to bring a worker into the team…in whatever role and for whatever period of time,…it's an opportunity to give your team…practice in collaboration,…and to rethink how they approach problem-solving.…
Start by asking the team to talk about the problems…to be solved that aren't being solved right now.…The more detail the team can use to describe the problems,…the more the person who'll be performing the work…will be prepared to solve them.…And don't forget to connect the problems to be solved…with the strategic goals of your group.…That anchors the role in the purpose of the team…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Dealing with disruptive change and the new rules of work
- Establishing a new contract with workers
- Rethinking job qualifications
- Hiring for diversity and inclusion
- Identifying key skills for adaptive workers
- Helping your team become lifelong learners
- Leveraging automation for your team
- Becoming an adaptive manager
- Making human resources a partner
- Recognizing when your adaptive strategy is working