Authenticity drives engagement. To show your authenticity in helping customers, you need to get clear on your backstory. Learn how to tell your backstory and use it to generate engagement in your team.
- When I graduated college and all my friends and I…were in entry level jobs, a lot of us had leaders…who were not so skilled.…I watched people who were full of creative ideas…and who would happily stay up all night to work on something…transition to the clock watchers who were begging…for the day to end, myself included.…I saw us constantly complaining about our seemingly…pointless jobs and our terrible bosses.…It was really sad to see how quickly we all shifted…into that jaded, slug-it-out mentality…and just how accepted that was in our world.…
Now hating your job has become so widely accepted…we literally have a restaurant called Thank God It's Friday.…I didn't want to feel like that,…and I didn't want to see other people feel like that either.…So I went back to school and I got a degree…in organizational psychology,…and I decided to work with Lisa to make the world…of work a more purposeful place.…I don't want people to think that spending 40 hours a week…at work is a waste of their life.…I want people to be able to step back and look…
- What is a culture of service?
- Cultivating an emotional connection to your customers
- Generating engagement by sharing your backstory
- Framing financials and objectives
- Unpacking your metrics
- How to use a culture of service in hiring and firing
- Reinforcing a culture of service in daily operations