Explore the importance of honest self-reflection and get clarity on how you see yourself. How do you see yourself? How do you think others see you? How do others feel about working with you? Define your attitudes/behaviors from your perspective.
- Attorneys in courtroom trials like to bring in…eyewitnesses, people who were actually present…during the accident or scene of a crime.…However, many times their accounts don't match,…they physically see the same event…but they perceive it differently.…They notice different details,…interpret actions or words in different ways.…They each filter the experience…through their own unique lens.…Same event, very different perceptions.…Now consider how that translates to the business world.…
In meetings, presentations, one-on-one conversations.…Each person leaves the scene of an interaction…with a different perception of what happened…and that's normal but if you find that your communications…with others are frequently misinterpreted,…received negatively, or just not as effective…as they could be, you may have found the culprit.…Inaccurate perceptions or blind spots.…Your intentions aren't matching their experience.…Unfortunately, you don't get bonus points…for having the best of intentions.…
At the end of the day, their perception is all that matters.…
Instructor Sara Canaday dives into the nuances of blind spots, explaining why blind spots matter when it comes to career success, and which intangible skills can help you find and eliminate these roadblocks. Sara also covers ways to find and close the gaps between your perception of yourself and your reputation. She explores specific examples of leadership blind spots commonly seen in the business world and provides steps that you can take to mitigate your perception problems.
- Understanding blind spots
- Gaining insights about awareness skills
- Identifying and managing blind spots
- Getting clarity on how you see yourself
- Finding out how others see you
- Closing the gaps between your perception and your reputation
- Exploring specific examples of leadership blind spots
- Taking action to deal with your blind spots