Find the gaps between your perception and your reputation—and learn how to close them. Learn how to develop a plan to close the gaps and make sure that gap evaluation is an ongoing process.
- Even the best of intentions…don't always translate into success.…You want to be on time for that client meeting,…but your GPS leads you down a dead end street.…You want to impress your senior executives…with a killer presentation,…but you miss that particular research…that makes your strategy obsolete.…Or you want to go on an incredible vacation,…but that amazing online deal turns out to be not so amazing.…Intentions are great,…but actual impact is what gets noticed.…Here's what that means for you.…
By comparing your reputation goals…with the targeted feedback you've gathered from others,…you can now pinpoint the areas where you have gaps,…the specific places where your impact…doesn't match your intent.…Those are your leadership blind spots,…the areas that are keeping you…from reaching your full potential.…Maybe your goal is to be seen as personable and supportive,…but your feedback indicates that people see you…as soft and lenient.…Or you want a reputation for being intelligent…and highly qualified,…but others see you as condescending and elitist.…
Instructor Sara Canaday dives into the nuances of blind spots, explaining why blind spots matter when it comes to career success, and which intangible skills can help you find and eliminate these roadblocks. Sara also covers ways to find and close the gaps between your perception of yourself and your reputation. She explores specific examples of leadership blind spots commonly seen in the business world and provides steps that you can take to mitigate your perception problems.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Understanding blind spots
- Gaining insights about awareness skills
- Identifying and managing blind spots
- Getting clarity on how you see yourself
- Finding out how others see you
- Closing the gaps between your perception and your reputation
- Exploring specific examples of leadership blind spots
- Taking action to deal with your blind spots