Don't think of the new rules as a sprint: It's a marathon. Learn how you have to continue to adapt to stay relevant in the workforce and in life.
- In a world where the landscape of work…is constantly shifting, even change changes,…so we need to remain as adaptive as we possibly can be.…If you think of the world of work as a river…that continually weaves and flows,…you're gonna find it's easier to simply, well,…go with that flow and develop new strategies…with each bend and turn.…So, if I had to weave all of the new rules into one…it would be this.…You must continually adapt.…
Now, think of the world of work…as a constantly moving landscape…with organizations changing,…jobs changing, even the very nature of work changing.…Now, picture yourself as a constantly changing person.…If you compare many of your interests and activities…to what you did when you were younger,…you're probably gonna be pretty different today.…But change doesn't always happen quickly,…sometimes it's so slow we don't even recognize it.…So, here are some tips for keeping track…of all those changes around you.…
One of the most useful steps you can take…is to do an annual self-inventory.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Why there are new rules of work, learning, and life
- Thinking like an entrepreneur
- Building your network
- Doing work driven by meaning
- Understanding the new rules of learning
- Becoming a lifelong learner
- Planning for leisure like you plan for work and learning
- Making time to give back
- What to do when the rules change again