Your strategy is only as good as the people executing it. Having the right mix of skills and personalities determines success or failure. Go through a rigorous talent assessment once you've constructed your strategic plan. Ensure your team has all the capabilities they need to successfully execute the plan. If you're missing key talent, go out and hire it.
- Your strategy is only as good as the people executing it.…Having the right mix of skills and personalities…determines success or failure.…Go through a rigorous talent assessment…once you've constructed your strategic plan.…Ensure your team has all the capabilities they need…to successfully execute that plan.…If you're missing key talent, go out and hire it.…Some indicators that you may have talent issues…are people missing objectives and getting low ratings…during the talent management review process.…
You may have high turnover in key roles,…or people are stagnating for long periods of time…in the same role.…Important roles may be left unfilled…for long periods of time,…and you may lack clarity on succession planning.…I've worked with organizations…who have faced all these issues.…I've seen situations where if somebody…was in the same role for 10 years,…there was no growth whatsoever, they weren't very motivated.…I worked with another organization…where a key role was open for nine months.…
It was hard for them to say that this is a key role…
- Identify common failure points in a strategic plan.
- Explain how to align compensation with strategy.
- List indicators of underfunding your strategy.
- Describe behavior that can harm strategy execution.
- Define strategic filters.
- Explain how to react to major shifts in your customer's market.
- Identify key metrics for assessing strategy.