A team of adaptive workers is a collaborative group dedicated to continually coordinating their efforts to adapt to ongoing change. Learn how to know if you had an adaptive team. In addition, discover how roles can change and how you can adapt your management strategy.
- Now let's say you have an entire team…that's quite comfortable with the status quo…and is completely unprepared to adapt to change.…Then suppose you spent a significant amount of time…helping a single worker on your team…to become more adaptive.…You regularly mentor that worker…so they naturally come agentful,…continually looking for new problems to solve,…developing innovative solutions,…and embracing a constantly-changing environment.…Now you have one person who's an adaptive superstar,…and the rest of the team isn't.…
How's that working for you?…How do you think the majority of the team…is going to treat that highly-adaptive worker?…Human nature being what it is,…the most likely response will be for the team…to reject that change agent.…Then you'll be right back where you started.…That's why it's not sufficient…simply to have one or two adaptive workers.…You need a team of adaptive workers,…a collaborative group…that's dedicated to continually coordinating their efforts…to adapt to ongoing change.…So how would you know if you had an adaptive team?…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Characteristics of adaptive workers
- How to be an adaptive manager
- Honing self-management skills
- Developing proactive workers
- Importance of goals in adaptive work
- Developing and supporting remote workers
- Empowering adaptive workers to solve problems
- Collaboration and adaptive teams