Roberta Matuson, The Talent Maximizer®, provides insights regarding why paying attention to one's executive presence really matters. Learn what is at stake if you don't.
- You've probably been told you're one in a million,…and you are, which is why you need to stand out at work.…Look, no one knows better than me,…a woman who's been in the executive suite,…what it takes to get there and, more importantly,…how to be taken seriously once you arrive.…That's why I feel compelled to share with you what many,…quite frankly, are afraid to tell you,…why executive presence really matters and what's at stake.…My first run-in with executive presence…occurred when I was 24 years old.…
I had just been promoted into the executive suite…and was attending my first executive committee meeting.…I may as well have stayed in bed that day,…as I was completely ignored by my peers.…I shrunk down in my chair,…as I realized the people in the room had something I lacked,…executive presence.…You need executive presence so that, when you speak,…others will pay attention.…And we all know how easy it is…to become invisible in a room,…especially if you're the only woman at that meeting.…
Another reason you should pay attention…
- What is executive presence?
- Common myths about executive presence
- Building your executive presence
- Making a long-lasting impression
- Selling your ideas to peers and the C-suite
- Promoting yourself
- Communicating with confidence
- Finding a sponsor or mentor
- Commanding a room