Tech companies have led the way by incorporating the new rules or work, learning, and life into their DNA. Discover how you're going to have to adapt to these rules moving ahead.
- So, we have new rules of work, new rules of learning,…and there are several new rules of life, as well,…suggesting how we could prioritize our leisure time.…That sounds like a lot of rules.…We may think of the earlier time of the old rules…of work, learning, and of life as having been much simpler,…but that three-boxes model had a tremendous…amount of inflexibility built into it.…Look, even if we all wanted to go back…to what some remember as a simpler time, we obviously can't.…
All of the changes in the ways that we work, we learn,…and we lead our lives have created a new set of rules.…Where were those new rules invented?…In most cases, technology companies have…often been the organizations that have led…the way in defining those new rules.…Because many of these companies grow so rapidly,…workers in high-tech have had to devise…new ways to remain continually adaptive.…But as author, Vinnie Mirchandani, said…in his book, The New Technology Elite,…every company is now in the technology business,…so, more and more companies…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Why there are new rules of work, learning, and life
- Thinking like an entrepreneur
- Building your network
- Doing work driven by meaning
- Understanding the new rules of learning
- Becoming a lifelong learner
- Planning for leisure like you plan for work and learning
- Making time to give back
- What to do when the rules change again