Technology. Globalization. Changing social norms. Increasing longevity. You name it, it's affecting the way we work and learn. Discover how the rules of work are changing before our eyes.
- So you don't need me to tell you that the pace of change…in the world of work is accelerating.…It seems that every week brings new word…of a particular job that's about to go the way of the dodo.…Some of us may want to go back to what we remember…as a simpler time, when many people had jobs…for their entire careers.…Others of us are energized by the possibilities…of such a dynamic world of work.…I put the responsibility squarely on the shoulders…of technology and globalization.…These twin juggernauts have changed how we work,…where we work, and when we work.…
And increasingly, they're changing the rules of work.…Now it's not that technology hasn't had…a profound impact on work in the past.…The fossil record of the world of work…is littered with the skeletons of jobs that are long gone.…As futurist Ross Dawson has said, "Human history…"is all about the automation of work,…"right from the plow through to the spinning Jenny…"through to the automobile, through to any number…"of other inventions."…Now technology has taken away the jobs of lamplighters,…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Why there are new rules of work, learning, and life
- Thinking like an entrepreneur
- Building your network
- Doing work driven by meaning
- Understanding the new rules of learning
- Becoming a lifelong learner
- Planning for leisure like you plan for work and learning
- Making time to give back
- What to do when the rules change again