Your ROC is your return on coaching. As a leader, you have a limited amount of time. Learn how to maximize your coaching investment and learn when to cut the cord on a lost cause.
- I want to talk to you about your R.O.C.,…that's your Return on Coaching.…The R.O.C. is how you determine if you're spending time…with the right people.…Let's be honest here, some people are…just not that coachable.…In this video, I'm going to help you understand how to…measure the return on your coaching investment.…Let me share a personal experience.…Early in my career as a sales manager,…I inherited a rep who was performing poorly.…
At first, I assumed he hadn't been trained,…so we went back to basics and worked through…every aspect of the job, and he showed improvement.…I left him on his own for two weeks,…went out to work with him again,…and he was right back at ground zero.…It was like we'd never spent that time together.…So I coached him again, and again.…I did this three more times before I realized…I was trying to coach someone who didn't have the will,…or skill, to meet the job standard.…
I should have cut my losses and counseled him out of…the company after the second visit.…I didn't, because I didn't want to lose…
- Define coaching.
- Describe the foundation for successful coaching.
- Explain how to coach someone who is older than you.
- Articulate how to coach someone who makes excuses.
- Identify how to coach poor performers or bad communicators.