You can’t walk away from problems at work. You'll see that there is almost always a boss available as a resource; that there are rules, which may or may not help you; and that what you want and what the company wants may not be the same.
- Many of the difficult behaviors that I've been…talking about can be applied to both work and home…in just the same way.…In fact, selfish people, childish people,…aggressive people, and games players…are bound at work, probably more so…than in your private life,…because of the fact that you can't walk away…from them at work.…You can choose your friends,…but you can't choose your colleagues.…At work you have to find a way to work productively…with all these various difficult people.…
The second difference is that at work…there is a hierarchy that you don't get…in your personal life.…There's almost always a boss involved.…Either as a resource that is available…to help solve the problem, or sometimes,…as the source of the problem.…And you've also got the boss of the difficult person…as another possibility.…If someone is regularly failing to turn up…to your meeting for example, and you've tried…the usual assertive approaches,…you could ask their boss if there is someone else…you could have instead.…
It won't be popular, but it's an option…
In this course, Chris Croft shares methods for recognizing the characteristics of some of the most common types of difficult people, and gives you strategies for dealing with these individuals more effectively. Chris provides practical techniques for dealing with a variety of different behaviors, including negativity, aggression, childishness, and selfishness. Plus, he explains how to overcome your own negative thinking, and get the best from a difficult boss.
- Identifying and understanding difficult people
- Handling aggressive and passive-aggressive people
- Working with negative people
- Working with procrastinators and people with bad habits
- Conquering your own negative thinking
- When the difficult person is your boss
- Dealing with micromanagers