To master your anger, you must learn to master your emotional state. Learn the ABCs of mood control. Notice where you put your attention. Become aware of your body language. And listen to your communication.
- Have you noticed when you're in a bad mood…it's easy to get seduced by anger?…And when you're in a good mood,…it's easier to stay in control?…Moods are really just emotional states.…When you are able to master your emotional states,…you begin to master your anger.…Let's talk about the ABCs of mood control.…Attention, body, and communication.…Where you put your attention is where…you put your energy.…The key here is to notice where you put your attention.…
Are you paying attention to the problem,…or to the solution?…Paying attention to how someone did you wrong,…or what you can do to make things right?…Are you paying attention to your lack…or your abundance?…You get the picture, so here's your exercise.…The next time you're in a bad mood,…ask yourself honestly, what am I paying attention to?…Shift your attention to your choices…to what's right and to your abundance…instead of what's wrong and to your lack.…Now let's talk about your body.…
Your body language and your behavior…is a mirror reflection of what's going on inside.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Acknowledging an anger problem
- Using calming techniques
- Avoiding other people's issues
- Understanding your triggers and old behaviors
- Mastering your narrative and taking control
- Setting appropriate boundaries
- Making anger work for you