Plenty of people have had the experience of setting goals and then failing to achieve them (think: New Year's Resolutions). But with the right strategies, even "reach" goals are attainable.
- Plenty of people have had the experience of setting goals and then failing to achieve them, New Year's resolutions being a case in point. There are no prerequisites for this course. You can dive right in. But what's important before you start watching is keeping an open mind. You may worry based on past experiences that you're not good at goals or that you're just setting yourself up for failure if you try to stick to a plan. We've all been there. But the truth is, no one achieves goals on the basis of willpower alone. We all want to be employee of the year and read a book a week and be 10 pounds lighter, but what differentiates people who succeed from those that don't are systems, the systems they've put in place to ensure they follow through on their best intentions.
That's what we're going to cover in this course, and I hope it proves useful and maybe even transformative for you.
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Setting your goals
- How many goals should you have?
- The difference between a goal and a to-do list
- Building systems to help you succeed
- Making success a way of life
- Learning to ignore the unimportant
- Rewarding yourself for success