Some people believe persuasion is about manipulation or getting your way—but it's not about tricking anyone or being inauthentic. Instead, it's about making sure your best ideas get a fair hearing.
- Some people believe persuasion is about manipulation or getting your way, but it's not about tricking anyone or being inauthentic, we're not looking to create mini Machiavellis here. Instead, it's about making sure your best ideas get a fair hearing. You owe it to yourself, your company, and the projects you care about to make sure you're doing everything possible, within the bounds of ethics and good sense, to help them succeed. There are no prerequisites for this course, aside from an open mind.
Persuasion doesn't mean exerting undo influence, it means learning skills and techniques to communicate more effectively in a way that other people can understand and really take in.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Getting someone to like you right away
- How to be viewed as immediately credible
- Overcoming a bad first impression
- Persuading the people you already know
- Sharing your ideas and getting noticed
- Communicating with authority
- Overcoming naysayers