Join Drew Boyd for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know before watching this course, part of Sales Management Foundations.
- Before you start you should know that this is a fundamentals course on sales management, including an end to end process and a set of tools to create and manage a sales team. To help you practice these tools I'll use an example of a medical device sales force. The concepts that you learn here will be the same that you would use in just about any industry. Note that this course is not about sales operations which would include topics like lead generation, customer relationship management tools, or sales analytics.
Instead, this course is about the people management side of sales management. How to create, deploy and lead a competent sales team. This course is intended for first line sales managers meaning those who have sales representatives reporting directly to them. But many of the concepts are just as applicable for any level of sales management whether you're a regional sales manger or even the Vice President of Sales. You'll still get a lot out of this course including a framework of how you would want your teams managed.
This course is not just for sales professionals. If you're in marketing for example you'll become a better marketer if you understand how sales reps are deployed and measured. After all they're the ones executing your marketing strategy. In this course you'll learn how marketing and sales interact and where you can have an impact on the effectiveness of your sales team. I hope you enjoy the course. Let�s get started.
- Define sales management and sales tasks.
- Explain how to recruit salespeople.
- Describe how to conduct sales trainings.
- Define a salesforce structure.
- Forecast and measure sales performance.
- Create sales territories.