Here, get an opportunity to examine if management is or isn't right for you, and leave with tips on what to do if management isn't for you.
- [Woman] To be an effective leader, you have to…inspire others to do their best work,…hold people accountable…and sometimes do the unpleasant task of letting people go.…You also have to be willing and able to work long hours…and in some situations, you won't be earning additional pay.…Most people don't take on a management role with the idea…they're really going to hate it.…However, it does happen.…
I know a lot of people who move into management positions…or are moved into management positions only to find…that it really isn't for them.…Here's my advice if that happens to you.…You're going to have a ton of people telling you that…it's going to get better.…"You'll enjoy management once you get your footing."…"It would be a mistake to quit now."…If you know yourself well,…then don't listen to these people.…
Do what you need to do in order to find peace…and happiness at work,…even if that means raising your hand and telling your boss…you're no longer interested in being in charge.…This is okay.…I've worked in enough companies to know that…
- The first 90 days
- Building productive relationships
- Why engage your employees?
- Influencing employee commitment
- Managing your former peers
- How to go from friend to boss
- Developing the skills needed to be an effective manager
- Becoming a magnetic leader