Build your communication skills. Learn how to communicate more effectively in professional situations, including meetings, email, and presentations.
- Legendary businessman, Warren Buffet, once told a group of MBA students that communication was the one skill he wished he had learned more about while he was in college, because communication improves the value you bring to your company. Hello, I'm Brenda Bailey-Hughes, and you'll meet my colleague, Tatiana Kolovou, in another video. She and I teach communication at a nationally-ranked business school, and we have a communication tips video in the LinkedIn Learning library with over two million hits.
We also own a training and coaching firm specializing in improving the communication skills of working professionals just like you. We're delighted to share our favorite topic with you today, and it's not just our favorite topic. Communication is one of the most crucial skills for your career success. In a recent survey of recruiters, communication competency was cited as the single most decisive factor in choosing managers. If you're looking to advance your career, this is a great course for you.
- Recall the four pillars of a business scenario.
- Explore the term 'people' in the context of a communication scenario.
- Recall how the Think, Feel, Do model applies to a communication scenario.
- Identify the parts of the message in a communication scenario.
- Recognize the 'channel' in a communication scenario.
- Apply the importance of context in a communication event.
- Review the most important components of listening.