Learn how to manage effectively in difficult times. Learn how to stay focused, keep innovating, inspire your team, and reframe challenges as opportunities.
- Managing through difficult times can be a formidable task, but tough times are what separates managers from leaders. Hi, I'm Jan Rutherford. I entered the US Army at age 17 weighing 114 pounds, and 18 months later became an Army Green Beret. I'm an author, coach, facilitator, and lead wilderness expeditions with executives and special operations veterans all in an effort to help leaders and teams achieve heroic aspirations. In this course I'm going to take you through what it takes to lead and manage effectively through difficult times.
I'll share with you how to become catalysts for change, ways you can inspire and focus your organization, and I'll cover communication strategies so you can gain true commitment and game-changing solutions from your team. One thing I learned in the military is that contingency planning ensures mission success. When you're going through difficult times, your preparation for the future is as important as your performance in the present. So watch how to management in difficult times to achieve your heroic aspirations.
- Describe how to review past performance.
- List primary features of innovation.
- Distinguish teaming from leading.
- Identify alternative approaches to cost reductions.
- Build self-awareness.
- Adopt a growth mindset.
- Develop a committed team.
- Turn adversity into opportunity.