Company culture impacts employee morale and the bottom line. Learn how leaders, managers, and HR can create, nurture, and change organizational culture.
- Corporate culture, it's the distinctive, almost tangible personality found inside every organization. Think Starbucks, Google, IBM, Southwest Airlines. If you're even vaguely familiar with those companies, you can instantly envision the flavor of their workplaces, the tone, the unwritten protocol of interactions, the company values. While some might think of culture as the by-product of an organization's people and processes, something that can't be controlled or quantified, the truth is, culture is surprisingly tangible.
It can be deliberately shaped and leveraged. It affects morale and employee engagement. It determines turnover rates and impacts company performance and research proves that it affects profitability. Organizational culture differentiates the extraordinarily successful companies from all the rest. It can be a powerful, competitive advantage. Hi, I'm Sara Canaday, and in my experience as a Speaker and Leadership Consultant, I have worked with a variety of corporations, associations, and educational institutions.
Their cultures are always distinct, but the big winners, consistently it's the organizations that make culture a priority. Whether you are an executive, a manager or part of HR, anyone who is responsible for shaping culture, this course will give you insights and strategies you can quickly put into action. You'll discover the components of a robust company culture, how cultures are built, nurtured and even shifted. You'll also learn the leader's role in supporting company culture.
If you participate in applying the concepts you gain from this course, I'm confident you can make a positive impact on your company's culture and its bottom line. Thank you again for joining me to explore the many sides of this fascinating topic. Let's get started.
- Defining organizational culture
- Reviewing traditional vs. progressive culture models
- Creating a cultural framework
- Changing company culture
- Leading organizational culture