Learn the importance of practicing fairness as a manager and techniques to help you demonstrate fairness when managing your direct reports.
- The way you see people is the way you treat them. And the way you treat them is what they become. That's a great quote by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe. As a manager, you need people to see you as fair, and what you'll become in their eyes is a good manager. On the flip side, it's important to see people equally and treat them fairly and what your employees become are great performers. And that's what this course is all about. Treating people with fairness at work.
I'm Catherine Mattice Zundel and I've been working with organizations to create positive work environments for over a decade. My clients have ranged from government agencies to Fortune 500s, down to small business and non-profits, and everything in between. In this course, we'll look at why people perceive things as fair or unfair. Your role in the organization and four types of fairness or justice. We'll also look at some interpersonal techniques to show fairness.
Some tips for making decisions that will more likely be perceived as fair, and overcoming challenges. My goal is to help you hone in on your abilities to be a fair and equitable manager. It's cool stuff. So let's get started.
- Identify what it means to be fair at work.
- Define the types and principles of fairness.
- Analyze the laws and regulations governing fairness.
- Determine how to make fair decisions as a manager.