Learn how to manage, counsel, and lead a diverse team in order to foster their best performance.
- As a manager, is it challenging to build positive relationships and cohesion amongst your team? Managers have the potential not only to lead a team in getting the work done, but also create a safe environment where every team member feels respected and valued. I'm Vanessa Womack and I have 25 years of consulting and 10 years of adult higher education experiences. I also have experience in community leadership and dialog training that has afforded me opportunities to facilitate and coach others in multicultural classrooms and community spaces.
This course is designed to help you develop a management style that encourages diversity and inclusion. We will explore ares where you, the manager, become more aware of interpersonal relationships and understand how you are the glue that holds the team together. Although this course is geared towards managers or aspiring managers, team members can also gain great insight as to how they are a vital part of building trust and respect in a diverse team environment.
Along with some best practices, good communication skills, and sensible suggestions, you and your team can learn to trust each other and build a great, fun working environment. Are you ready to lead your A team? Let's charge ahead.
- Implementing an open-door policy
- Building rapport with your team
- Recognizing normal behavior of team members
- Working with multigenerational teams
- Identifying negative behaviors that could derail progress
- Dealing with inappropriate behavior
- Using coaching tools to monitor results
- Reflecting on societal and political influences