Grow your career as a leader by learning how to manage yourself, hire and coach employees, and create a diverse and collaborative workplace.
- Being a leader means that you inspire, motivate, and encourage your team to follow your vision. You make sure they have all the resources, information, and training required to be successful. The best leaders have integrity, show empathy, and invest their time in others. The old leadership style of command and control is no longer effective, and today's leaders need to be transformational with a clear vision for their teams. I'm Dan Schawbel and I'm both an entrepreneur and the author of several books that are aimed to help you throughout your entire career path.
Through my journey as a leader, I've had the opportunity to lead teams, interview some of the highest performing leaders, like Warren Buffet, and Sheryl Sandberg, and Richard Branson, and conduct a series of surveys to learn about the relationship between leaders and their teams. From my experience, I know that being a leader has a lot of responsibilities, but it's also gratifying. My goal is to help you become a better and more effective leader through this course. When you take care of others, they reciprocate. Be the leader that appreciates the people who work for you and acknowledges them as individuals who each have their own dreams, goals, and needs.
Great leadership can make all the difference for any company and it starts with you.
- Defining your own fulfillment
- Making and sticking to goals
- Optimizing your productivity
- Leading with empathy
- Creating a culture of learning
- Managing and supporting diversity
- Hiring, engaging, and rewarding the best employees