Learn how to win the hearts and minds of your employees, peers, and boss in order to make you more successful.
- Have you ever been in a meeting that drags on and on and on, and you look around the room and realize nobody cares? - Now let's flip it. Have you ever struggled to get other people to care as much about a product or initiative as you do? - Of course! - We have all been there. - And it's a waste of time. The key is emotional engagement. It's the linchpin of any successful endeavor. And the lack of emotional engagement has a chilling effect on our work and lives.
I'm Lisa McLeod. - And I'm Elizabeth McLeod. We work with leaders all over the world to ignite emotional engagement. We want to help you get people to care about your projects, your company, or your cause. - [Lisa] In this course, we're going to unpack the nuances of emotional engagement. We'll walk through where to focus, what to say, and how to neutralize naysayers. - [Elizabeth] We'll also talk about how to sustain a high level of engagement after that big rah-rah is over and you're facing challenges.
- No matter what your role, being able to harness the enthusiasm of others will help you improve your own performance and advance your leadership. In other words, it will help you be successful. - Let's get started.
- Assessing where you need emotional engagement
- Aligning with organizational objectives
- Determining who to engage
- Using your backstory to tap into emotional engagement
- Preemptive planning
- Neutralizing the naysayers
- Identifying and talking about incremental gains