Become a more effective leader using the concept of "leadership capital": a deliberate approach to investing your time and energy in your team members.
- Do you feel like you are investing too much time and energy leading your team? Are you frustrated because you aren't getting the great results you know your team is capable of? I'm Mike Figliuolo, Managing Director at thoughtLEADERS. I've designed an approach that helps you spend your leadership time and energy more effectively. In this course, I'll define the concept of leadership capital, the time and energy you invest in leading your team. The four ways you spend leadership capital are directing your teams work, ensuring the team is doing their work, holding the team accountable for delivering the work, and developing your people.
I'll also cover assessing team member results. We'll look at the quantity of work they perform, the quality of that work, the timeliness of their deliverables, and how well they build morale and relationships. Once you understand how you're investing your leadership capital, and the result your team members deliver, you'll be able to apply individualized leadership approaches to improve team member performance. So let's look at how we can make you a more effective leader.
- Leadership capital explained
- Investing leadership capital
- Doing the work
- Developing your people
- Getting team member results
- Building team morale
- Assessing results
- Comparing investments and returns