In this scenario-based course, learn how to coach your employees through challenging situations. Discover how to coach someone who's older than you, how to motivate employees who have been demoted or promoted, and more.
- Have you ever been in an uncomfortable situation with one of your employees and been uncertain how to handle it? - Well, in this course, we're going to show you how to coach your employees through a variety of different situations. - Especially the uncomfortable ones. I'm Lisa McLeod. - And I'm Elizabeth McLeod. We work with organizations all over the world to help leaders increase engagement, performance, and success in their teams. - Throughout this course, we'll be role playing the most challenging coaching scenarios that we see in the field.
- [Elizabeth] Things like coaching the person who didn't get promoted or the not so great performer you inherited, and the person who can't take a critique. - [Lisa] We're going to role play these scenarios and then break them down to teach you techniques you can use with your team. - We'll also cover the situations where you might need to bring in someone else. - As a leader, you're only as good as your team. Your ability as a coach is the difference between you having an average team... - And creating an exceptional team.
Difficult situations are, well, just that, difficult. - That's why we want to help you navigate them. - Join us as we show you how to coach your employees through difficult situations.
- Define coaching.
- Describe the foundation for successful coaching.
- Explain how to coach someone who is older than you.
- Articulate how to coach someone who makes excuses.
- Identify how to coach poor performers or bad communicators.