Learn how make changes that will keep you engaged in your current role, build on your existing strengths, and put you in an optimal position to be able to pivot in your career.
- I think I'm going crazy. I just don't know what's wrong with me. I have this restless feeling that I can't describe. I really want to make a bigger impact with my work. I'm not sure where to start to figure out what's next. If you've had any of these thoughts bubble up recently as you contemplate your career, you're not alone and you're not crazy. You are what I call a high net growth individual, and you might be at a pivot point, even if that means making moves and mapping your development within your current role.
I'm Jenny Blake, author of Pivot: The Only Move That Matters Is Your Next One. I'm a career and business strategist with over 10 years of coaching and career development experience. I worked at a startup for two years, Google for five and a half, and now six years on my own as an independent consultant. In that time I've trained thousands of people over the years on how to move beyond burnout, to build sustainable dynamic careers that they love. I'll be your teacher for this course on figuring out your next career move. I'm really excited to spend this time with you to help you map what's next.
By the end of this course you'll learn a new way to look at your career and a practical four-stage method to pivot, starting from right where you already are. You will learn how to identify and double down on your strengths and what's already working, set a clear vision for success one year from now, scan for people, skills, and projects that build from your strengths, and pilot with small experiments to test the waters of a new direction. You'll walk away with a clear action plan with strategic next steps that will make the biggest difference in your professional development, even if you're not exactly sure what those changes may be at the moment.
My motto, if change is the only constant, then let's get better at it.
- Optimizing your current role
- Identifying your strengths
- Crafting a one-year vision of success
- Making connections to "friendtors" and one-off mentors
- Creating a skill-building game plan
- Identifying small experiments and stretch projects
- Embracing smart risks
- Mapping next moves to make a greater impact