Learn some of the major reasons that strategic plans fail, and how to avoid making those same mistakes.
- Do you want to know the secret to executing a great strategy? It's making sure that you have a great strategy in the first place. I'm Mike Figliuolo, managing direction at thoughtLEADERS and I've been responsible for writing strategic plans, executing them, and assessing them for others in a wide range of industries. In this course, I'll cover the major reasons that strategies fail and what you can do to help your strategy succeed. We'll look at the risks of having insufficient capabilities, the impacts of pursuing the wrong strategy, the ways market changes can affect your strategy, and how to prevent poor execution.
The more effectively you assess your strategy before trying to execute it, the better your chances are of achieving your goals. So pull out the most current version of your strategic plan and let's assess how you can make it better.
- Identify common failure points in a strategic plan.
- Explain how to align compensation with strategy.
- List indicators of underfunding your strategy.
- Describe behavior that can harm strategy execution.
- Define strategic filters.
- Explain how to react to major shifts in your customer's market.
- Identify key metrics for assessing strategy.