Learn why organizations need to re-think what performance means and how they can measure performance differently.
- In a rapidly changing workplace where automation and globalization are changing the very nature of work, even last month's performance goals might not hold up. So, as the world dramatically shifts around us, how we manage the performance of our employees and of ourselves has to be completely reevaluated. Hi, I'm Gary Bolles. I help organizations and individuals to navigate disruptive change. I've worked as a strategy consultant, a writer, and as a career counselor.
And now I want to help you to think differently about performance management. In this course, we'll start by examining the very fundamentals of work and rethinking how performance can be more self-driven. Then we'll dive into the dynamics of teams and how we can better empower them to shape their own goals and processes. We'll also cover performance management at scale for the entire organization. And along the way, we'll talk about what it means for you personally to achieve the highest possible performance and how to manage the positive and sometimes the negative impact it can have on you and on the organization.
So, we have a lot to cover. If you're ready, let's get started.
- The history of performance management
- Self-driven performance management
- Setting adaptive performance goals
- Writing an adaptive performance agreement
- Team performance design
- Designing for high performance