Learn how to identify anger, take control, and use your anger positively in the workplace.
- There are two kinds of people, those who have anger and those who don't admit they have anger. Anger is part of the human experience yet most of us struggle to make peace with our experience of anger. We deny it, we avoid it, we feel shame because of it or we become completely overwhelmed by anger. Hi, my name is Marlene Chism and I'm an executive educator, a consultant and author. My passion is to help people improve their communication and relationships both personally and professionally.
My expertise is in building wise leaders, strategic communication skills and stopping workplace drama. In this course we'll expose the myths about anger. We'll look at how your mindsets and your habits might be working against you. I'll give you tips to expand your awareness so that you can identify your triggers and tap into the ABCs of mood control in order to represent yourself in the best light. We'll address issues that affect you personally and professionally, issues like setting appropriate boundaries, speaking your truths and using language in a way that builds better relationships at home and at work.
By the end of this course my hope is that you will have a better understanding of anger and be able to replace unwanted behaviors with productive behaviors. Instead of avoiding or denying your anger, I want you to be able to use anger as a tool for personal growth and as a catalyst for improving your relationships. Let's get started.
- Acknowledging an anger problem
- Using calming techniques
- Avoiding other people's issues
- Understanding your triggers and old behaviors
- Mastering your narrative and taking control
- Setting appropriate boundaries
- Making anger work for you