Get the tools you need to be an effective messenger of a change initiative. Learn how to strategize your communication efforts, craft the change communication message, manage difficult questions, overcome resistance, and more.
- Hello and welcome to Communicating in Times of Change. My name is Brenda Bailey-Hughes. - And my name is Tatiana Kolovou. Change is challenging for people to navigate through and if you're the messenger, you have an even bigger task of getting buy in. - This course is designed with you, the messenger, in mind. If you're a mid-level manager, a team leader, or a supervisor, you'll find strategies to help you with your next change campaign. - That's right. Communicating change is a campaign.
It's not just a meeting or an email. We'll assume that the decision on the change you're communicating is already set. There are excellent courses on the library to help you through navigating change initiatives. In our course, we'll be working on the communication strategies needed to make the change initiative a success. - We'd like for you to think about a change that you need to communicate in the near future and then we'll coach you to think about your individual situation. - Now Communicating in Times of Change will give you the tools you need to be effective as the messenger of a change initiative.
Join us as this change adventure unfolds.
Tatiana and Brenda begin by reviewing success stories and survey data that emphasize why communication in times of change is so crucial. Next, they explain how to strategize communication efforts, craft the change communication message, and answer common questions that people may have when grappling with change. To wrap up, they discuss how to manage difficult questions, emphasize with others, and overcome resistance.
- Why communication in times of change matters
- Strategizing your communication efforts
- Crafting the change communication message
- Five questions people have in times of change
- Managing difficult questions
- Empathizing with others
- Overcoming resistance