Learn how to create a great long-lasting impression with your boss, peers, and direct reports.
- There's a lot more to management than simply managing your team. You've got to manage those above you as well as your peers. My name is Roberta Matuson, and I'm a consultant, author, and speaker who has been called The Talent Maximizer for my work helping companies utilize their talent and for helping people maximize their careers. In this course we'll discuss the importance of relationships in the workplace. I'll teach you how to strategically communicate with your boss and how to better engage your team.
We'll also explore the complex world of peer relationships, what to do with current peers, and how to adjust after you've been promoted. Finally, this course will help position yourself for success both now and later by looking at how tomorrow's promotions are affected by today's performance.
- Determining your boss's management style
- Pushing back and saying no when necessary
- Practicing self-promotion
- Making great impressions
- Avoiding pitfalls
- Building productive team relationships
- Establishing credibility
- Evaluating your team
- Building a team of all-stars
- Getting team members engages
- Managing your peers
- Being influential and staying sharp