Discover how to step into your new management role on the right foot. Learn how to successfully shift from focusing on your own performance to focusing on the success of your team as a manager.
- Congratulations. You've just received your promotion, and you're a new manager. But now what do you do? I'm Roberta Matuson, and I'm known globally as the Talent Maximizer. I work with organizations to help them achieve dramatic growth and market leadership through the maximization of talent. And I've also been in your shoes. Stepping into management for the first time can be both exciting and frightening.
I'm here to help you navigate this new world. Throughout this course, I'll help you avoid the common pitfalls of new managers and help you master the practices of great leaders. And no one knows more about management mistakes than me, as I've written an entire book, Suddenly In Charge, about leadership mistakes I made along the way and how to avoid them. Here's something I've learned: Few people get it right the first time.
It seems like everyone who's been in management has a story about something they did as a manager that didn't go according to plan. You can learn this. Leadership is a skillset that can be mastered, but only if you're willing to practice and learn from your mistakes. Look, if management was simple, everyone would do it, and there would be no one left to manage. You're taking a great first step in watching this course to becoming an exceptional manager.
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- The first 90 days
- Building productive relationships
- Why engage your employees?
- Influencing employee commitment
- Managing your former peers
- How to go from friend to boss
- Developing the skills needed to be an effective manager
- Becoming a magnetic leader