Join Chris Croft for an in-depth discussion in this video Vision, systems, and people, part of Management: Top Tips.
- Now, as well as providing a vision,…there are two other things that a leader does,…and I think of this as vision, systems, and people.…So the leader provides a vision…of where we're going to get there,…they set up systems so that everything works well,…and they look after the people…and make sure they've got the right people…in the right positions,…and that those people are motivated.…We're going to explore this in more detail later on,…but vision, systems, and people are the big three things.…So if there's a problem, it almost certainly means…that either the systems weren't working…or the people were perhaps not properly trained…or weren't right for the job.…
So you must always ask yourself…do I need to improve the systems,…or is it a people problem?…And never blame the people.…In a way, everything's management's fault in the end.…Because if something goes wrong,…that person wasn't in the right job.…Whose fault was that?…That person wasn't trained.…Whose fault was that?…Or maybe it fell between the cracks,…the system wasn't set up right,…
- Being assertive
- Taking responsibility for mistakes
- Giving and receiving criticism
- Time management
- Project management
- Holding effective meetings
- Giving presentations
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Leveraging Assertiveness
2. Time Management for Managers
3. Project Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.