Join Chris Croft for an in-depth discussion in this video Using self-talk, part of Management: Top Tips.
- And you can have good scripts and bad ones.…And clearly the bad scripts we would like to change.…And you can change those by self-talk.…You can change them by what you say…to yourself in your head.…So let's suppose you've got to give a talk…and you've got a script which says,…I'm very nervous about giving talks.…The way to change that is to say to yourself,…I love giving talks, I'm looking forward…to that talk next week, it's going to be fine.…And if you keep saying it,…it gradually becomes true in your mind.…
You can gradually overcome the weight of history…that's stored in your subconscious.…Keep saying it until it becomes true.…
- Being assertive
- Taking responsibility for mistakes
- Giving and receiving criticism
- Time management
- Project management
- Holding effective meetings
- Giving presentations
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Leveraging Assertiveness
2. Time Management for Managers
3. Project Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.